Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm here!


I arrived at uni(what they use for college) on Sunday but first i spent 3 days in Sydney! In Syndey I stayed with Madeleine and Bruce Coleman and we did so many things! Within a few hours of being there, we went to the park and saw Kangaroos and Wallabies!

We also drove over the harbor bridge and walked around the harbor area and opera house and ate a thai dinner with their daughter Angie. The next day I got to walk over the harbor bridge with Jane and her precious baby Marcus!
We also took a ferry to Manley beach and ate lunch and walked along the beach. That night we ate dinner at home and had chicken on the barbie! The next day I ate lunch with some more old friends! We looked at a lot of pictures from when Gwilym (who is Jon's friend) came to visit and we tried to recreate some old pictures we took! Emily stood in for Jon as a kid...Kind of weird, I know... but it was fun to see them! I also got to go on a "bush walk" with the Colemans and Angie and her husband Andrew!
I got to Brisbane on Sunday and met Ashley at the airport! Luckily, we found each other even without cell phones! This week we've been doing all kinds of stuff for orientation.
The bus takes us to any kind of shopping place or beach we want, which is pretty awesome! The school also has a pool so I'm not complaining! These are some of the main buildings on campus.

It's mostly Americans right now, so we're looking forward to the Aussies getting here next week! This is the view from Ashley's window of the lake!

Ashley and I at a party at the tavern on campus!

This is the view outside my window! It's hard to tell, but there are some mountains in the distance!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks like your trip has gotten off to a great start. I can't wait to hear more. - Jennifer Walter

    ReplyDelete